- By Thomas E. RicksThomas E. Ricks covered the U.S. military for the Washington Post from 2000 through 2008. He can be reached at email@example.com.
Two of the best writers on the Army today are the dynamic duo of Barno & Bensahel. They are at their best here. Their six recommendations:
1. Accept More Risk
2. Reinstitute “Power Down”
3. Decrease Tolerance of Bureaucracy
4. Reduce Excessive Deference to Rank and Position
5. Reject Army Anti-Intellectualism
6. Strengthen Ethics and Integrity
There is an awful lot of knowledge and experience behind each of those six points.
Photo credit: U.S. Army/Flickr