Foreign Policy is seeking talented, early-career journalists for its 2016-2017 Fellows Program. The yearlong fellowship is a unique, exciting, and highly competitive opportunity, offering young reporters and aspiring editors the chance to work closely with seasoned writers and editors who focus on international news at an award-winning magazine: covering major events, analyzing policy developments, and telling compelling human stories from around the world. Fellows regularly research and write their own articles — particularly for FP’s Passport news blog — and play a key role in the daily production of both web and print content. They are considered essential members of the magazine’s staff and are expected to be daily contributors.
The fellowship, which is full time and includes a salary and benefits, will begin on Nov. 15, and be based in Washington, D.C. The position is ideal for journalists with about 1-2 years of experience, including those who have recently graduated from journalism school. We’re looking for curious, creative, and quick-thinking candidates who have a passion for international affairs and a commitment to high-quality reporting and writing. A sense of humor doesn’t hurt, either.
- Report, research, and write articles and blog posts for ForeignPolicy.com
- Fact-check and research articles for Foreign Policy magazine
- Play a central role in web production, including layouts, multimedia packages, copy-editing, and social media
- Bachelor’s degree
- Previous journalism experience (at least 1-2 years; no more than 5)
- Strong and demonstrated interest in international news and/or politics
- Outstanding research and writing skills; fact-checking experience preferred
- An efficient, flexible, and detail-oriented approach to tasks
- Familiarity with using digital and social media, including Twitter, Facebook, Reddit, Digg, and other platforms
- Fluency in foreign languages and/or experience working overseas preferred
Please submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com No phone calls, please.
All materials must be received by Friday, October 7, 2016.
ABOUT FOREIGN POLICY
Founded in 1970 by Samuel Huntington and Warren Demian Manshel, and now published by the FP Group, a division of Graham Holdings Company, in Washington, D.C., Foreign Policy is the premier, award-winning magazine of global politics, economics, and ideas. Our mission is to explain how the world works — in particular, how the process of globalization is reshaping nations, institutions, cultures, and, more fundamentally, our daily lives. FP is a 2010, 2006, and 2005 nominee and a 2009, 2007, and 2003 winner of the National Magazine Award for General Excellence. The magazine’s readers include some of the most influential leaders in business, government, and other professional arenas throughout the United States and more than 160 other countries.
In January 2009, ForeignPolicy.com was relaunched as a vibrant, daily online magazine. Rather than merely complementing the print edition, the site stands on its own as one of the web’s premier destinations for international news and opinion. FP has recruited some of the sharpest writers in international politics to look beyond the day’s headlines to uncover overlooked stories and unique angles.
ABOUT THE FP GROUP
The FP Group is a world leader in the provision of insight and analysis on global affairs. Products and services of the group include ForeignPolicy.com, Foreign Policy magazine, and Foreign Policy Events. For more information about the FP Group, visit fpgroup.foreignpolicy.com.