Foreign Policy (FP) is recruiting a full-time managing editor to work closely with the editor in chief and CEO in the oversight of Foreign Policy’s strategy, operations, and editorial content across all of our publishing platforms.
FP is seeking a motivated candidate that is committed to the organization’s mission and will bring professionalism, urgency, and dedication to the work environment. All staff are expected to work collaboratively within our organization.
- Aid in the development and execution of the editorial strategy for all Foreign Policy content
- Commissioning, reviewing, and editing content
- Assist with managing editorial operations and design editorial systems
- Helping to supervise the editorial staff, including setting their priorities and focusing on their professional development
- Engaging the media and the broader foreign policy community as a senior representative of Foreign Policy
- Other duties as assigned
- Substantial experience with both print and web journalism
- Excellent editorial skills
- Management experience and skills, including experience supervising and developing staff
- Strong presentation, public speaking, and writing skills
- Substantive understanding of current foreign policy issues
Interested by sending a resume and cover letter to Diana Gabriel at Diana.Gabriel@foreignpolicy.com.
The FP Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and is a drug-free workplace. Salary is competitive and is commensurate with experience. FP provides a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, 401k, short-term disability, and pension plans.
ABOUT FOREIGN POLICY
Founded in 1970 by Samuel Huntington and Warren Demian Manshel, and now published by the FP Group, a division of Graham Holdings Company, in Washington, D.C., Foreign Policy is the premier, award-winning magazine of global politics, economics, and ideas. Our mission is to explain how the world works — in particular, how the process of globalization is reshaping nations, institutions, cultures, and, more fundamentally, our daily lives. FP is a 2010, 2006, and 2005 nominee and a 2009, 2007, and 2003 winner of the National Magazine Award for General Excellence. The magazine’s readers include some of the most influential leaders in business, government, and other professional arenas throughout the United States and more than 160 other countries.
In January 2009, ForeignPolicy.com was relaunched as a vibrant, daily online magazine. Rather than merely complementing the print edition, the site stands on its own as one of the web’s premier destinations for international news and opinion. FP has recruited some of the sharpest writers in international politics to look beyond the day’s headlines to uncover overlooked stories and unique angles.
ABOUT THE FP GROUP
The FP Group is a world leader in the provision of insight and analysis on global affairs. Products and services of the group include ForeignPolicy.com, Foreign Policy magazine, and Foreign Policy Events. For more information about The FP Group, visit FPGroup.ForeignPolicy.com.