The FP Group (FP) is recruiting a full-time Office Manager to provide overall office management to ensure a smooth and efficient office. The Office Manager is responsible for greeting visitors, handling all deliveries, communicating any building needs or issues, as well as being the personal assistant to FP Analytics’ Senior Advisor.
FP is seeking motivated staff that are committed to the organization’s mission and will bring professionalism, urgency, and dedication to the work environment. All staff are expected to work collaboratively within our organization.
- Handle all phone calls and inquiries that come in on the main office line.
- Manage mail and package deliveries.
- Maintain the front lobby, which includes keeping all magazines organized and ensure the front TVs are displaying FP’s website properly, as well as both break rooms and ensuring the fridges are stocked with beverages.
- Manager overall office supply ordering process, including collection of all receipts to turn in at month end.
- Create an efficient Guest/Visitor System, which should include welcoming and contacting the individual who has the meeting with the guest.
- Act as the Building Liaison to communicate any building updates or to schedule after-hour needs, such as keeping the A/C on past the regular work day.
- Schedule regular office clean ups.
- Be the FedSolutions and SysArc go-to person for any IT issues.
- Create a system for loaner electronics, such as laptops and other hardware, and how to request the use of it.
- Undertake being the Point-of-Contact for USPS, FedEx, UPS deliveries, and Ricoh Printers in case of malfunction.
- Assist the HR Director with New Hire items, such as ensuring a key fob and supplies are set up for the new employee.
- Help the Editor-in-Chief, Publisher, and CFO with booking travel and other administrative tasks as needed.
- Work as the Personal Assistant to FP Analytics’ Senior Advisor by:
- Scheduling his travel arrangements.
- Scan and file documents electronically.
- Ship items to individuals, and intermittently make deliveries close to the office.
- Help organize and prepare special events that he is hosting.
- Manage correspondence for his special appearances around the nation
- Perform research in a quick-turnaround timeframe as requested
- Collaborate with shipping vendor that all contributor copies of FP magazine are shipped on time.
- Assist with monthly lunches for all-staff meetings.
- Provide a security balance by maintaining a detailed log of received checks before giving them to Accounting for deposit.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associate’s degree required, Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Two or more years of experience (preferably in a culturally diverse setting).
This position has/has no supervisory responsibilities.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, sit, walk, and use his/her hands. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 35 pounds. The specific vision abilities required by this job may include close vision and comfort with using a computer the majority of the day.
Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
The FP Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and is a drug-free workplace. Salary is competitive and is commensurate with experience. FP provides a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, 401k, short-term disability, and pension plans.
ABOUT FOREIGN POLICY
Founded in 1970 by Samuel Huntington and Warren Demian Manshel, and now published by the FP Group, a division of Graham Holdings Company, in Washington, D.C., Foreign Policy is the premier, award-winning magazine of global politics, economics, and ideas. Our mission is to explain how the world works — in particular, how the process of globalization is reshaping nations, institutions, cultures, and, more fundamentally, our daily lives. FP is a 2010, 2006, and 2005 nominee and a 2009, 2007, and 2003 winner of the National Magazine Award for General Excellence. The magazine’s readers include some of the most influential leaders in business, government, and other professional arenas throughout the United States and more than 160 other countries.
In January 2009, ForeignPolicy.com was relaunched as a vibrant, daily online magazine. Rather than merely complementing the print edition, the site stands on its own as one of the web’s premier destinations for international news and opinion. FP has recruited some of the sharpest writers in international politics to look beyond the day’s headlines to uncover overlooked stories and unique angles.
ABOUT THE FP GROUP
The FP Group is a world leader in the provision of insight and analysis on global affairs. Products and services of the group include ForeignPolicy.com, Foreign Policy magazine, and Foreign Policy Events. For more information about the FP Group, visit FPGroup.ForeignPolicy.com.