Her Power – Digital Summit
Women's Voices. Global Impact.
Watch Day 1 (Oct. 14, 2020):
Watch Day 2 (Oct. 15, 2020):
FP’s flagship global women’s summit returned in 2020 in a digital format. We continued the momentum set in motion at last fall’s inaugural event, amplifying the voices and untapped leadership contribution of women in foreign policy and throughout the global arena. Expanding in scope and reach, this year’s two-day virtual program convened global thought leaders to examine women’s transformative potential across policy, business, and civil society as well as on the front lines of the COVID-19 battle.
2020 has been a momentous year, marking milestones in global governance as the coronavirus crisis demands renewed urgency around commitments to key development targets. As we commemorate the 25th anniversary of the Beijing Declaration and are faced with the health, social and economic impacts of the global pandemic, this is a pivotal time to push for women’s rights and inclusion at decision-making levels. The need to intensify efforts to reach gender equality – across global civil society as well as in positions of global leadership and power – is not simply a moral imperative but a critical factor in enabling more effective, equitable and sustainable solutions to urgent problems humanity is facing.
Our dynamic and energizing program featured high-achieving women across policy, industry and civil society who shared practical insights into how organizations and policy makers can support gender strategies and help catalyze the transformative impact of women in global politics, business, tech and across local communities.
Chime in on the conversation online #HerPower2020
H.E. Dr. Joyce Banda
served as the President of the Republic of Malawi from 2012-2014. She was Malawi’s<b...
arriving in Washington, D.C., she was posted as Permanent
Representative to the United Natio...
Congresswomen Karen Bass
Alejandra Y. Castillo, Esq.
U.S. Representative Chrissy Houlahan
founder of the Women and Public Policy Program at Harvard’s Kennedy School of
Dr. Ipshita Mandal-Johnson
Dame Karen Pierce
H.E. María Juliana Ruiz Sandoval
Xanthe Scharff, PhD
at the intersection of gender, human rights, and international development. She is<br ...
A virtual talk highlighting the value of FP Analytics' research on women’s transformative impact on male-dominated industries, and the initiatives and campaigns the report has helped inform since its release earlier this year.
Concurrent sessions presented by high-achieving women leaders, which will allow for more intimate dialogue and deeper-dive conversations about a range of issues related to female leadership, professional development, and political and economic inclusion and equity, among other themes:
Expanding Economic Rights for Women: The Power of MicroenterpriseLead by:
- Debbi Gibbs, Vice Chair, Atlas Network
- Matt Warner, President, Atlas Network
Her Business: Empowering Female Entrepreneurs
Marsha Collier, Author, Columnist, Radio and Podcast Host
- Maggie Feldman-Piltch, CEO and Founder, #NatSecGirlSquad
- Swanee Hunt, Founder of the Women and Public Policy Program at HKS and Founder and Chair, Inclusive Security
Telling Her Side of the Story (Women in Media)
- Lisa Graves, Director and Founder, Documented
- Johanna Derlega, Chief Revenue Officer, The 19th
Shaping More Inclusive Economies
- Katherine Tai, Lead Advisor to the Chairman and Democratic Members of the Committee on Ways and Means on Matters of International Trade
- Thea Lee, President, Economic Policy Institute; Commissioner, U.S.-China Economic and Security Review Commission
Solving Development and Sustainability Challenges
- Dr. Ipshita Mandal Johnson, Founder, Global Bio Fund
- Charity Wallace, Managing Director of Global Women's Issues, U.S. International Development Finance Corporation (DFC)
Women in Diplomacy
- Wafa Bugaighis, Ambassador, Libya
- Floreta Faber, Ambassador, Albania
For more information, please contact Diana Marrero, Senior Vice President of Strategic Development or Susan Sadigova, Director, Strategic Development.