FP Analytics, Foreign Policy’s research and advisory division, does more than deliver in-depth research, scenario planning, and actionable intelligence on evolving trends in policy, markets, and technology — it positions public and private-sector clients at the forefront of policy-shaping discussions.
With expertise in critical sectors like energy, climate, trade, and global finance, FP Analytics combines quantitative and qualitative analysis to inform clients’ strategic planning and investment decisions, and support them to more effectively engage with stakeholders and demonstrate thought leadership.
- Special Reports — Independent, original research that delves deep into the critical issues underlying U.S. and global foreign policy, further amplified by coinciding launch events. Recent reports include:
- The Her Power Index, which links data analysis with insight from former and current foreign-policy staffers to illuminate the under-representation of women across U.S. foreign policy agencies over the last decade.
- Mining the Future, the first systematic and comprehensive assessment of China’s accumulation of control and influence over a range of critical metals and minerals, and the supply chains upon which the future of the high-tech industry depends.
- Partnership Reports — That same level of original research, but conducted in collaboration with like-minded clients. Recent reports include:
- WTCA 2019 Trade and Investment Report: Navigating Uncertainty, produced with the World Trade Centers Association (WTCA), investigates the sources of uncertainty plaguing the world economy, the distinctive traits that make cities resilient, and strategies for businesses adapting to the new normal.
- PeaceGames — FP-led gatherings of leading minds in international affairs, national security policy, business, academics, and civil society to “game out” peaceful resolutions to violent conflicts. Exercises offer a chance to address the challenges of diplomacy and peace-building with the same creativity and focus traditionally devoted to war games.
- Power Maps — Analytical mapping that distills complex global issues for policymakers and businesses. Read our inaugural power map series on 5G, including a detailed breakdown of 5G infrastructure, the global competitive landscape, and national security.
Please complete the form below and a member of the FP Analytics team will be in touch directly.